Run-IC are glad to announce the release of Low side Gate Driver RS8801.
Target application: Switching Power Supply/DC-DC Switching Power/Motor Control/Solar Power/UPS/White goods……
RS8801 : UCC27517A (TI)
RS8801 : Single-Channel High-Speed Low-Side Gate Driver with Negative Input Voltage Capability (with 5A Peak Source and Sink)
- Low-Cost Gate-Driver Device Offering Superior Replacement of NPN and PNP Discrete Solutions
- 5A Peak-Source and Sink Symmetrical Drive
- Ability to Handle Negative Voltages (-4V) at Inputs
- Fast Propagation Delays (11ns typical)
- Fast Rise and Fall Times (8.5ns and 7ns typical)
- 4.5V to 18V Single-Supply Range
- Outputs Held Low During VDD UVLO (ensures glitch-free operation at power up and power down)
- TTL and CMOS Compatible Input-Logic Threshold (independent of supply voltage)
- Hysteretic-Logic Thresholds for High-Noise Immunity
- Dual Input Design (choice of an inverting (IN-pin) or non-inverting (IN+ pin) driver configuration)
- Unused Input Pin can be Used for Enable or Disable Function
- Output Held Low when Input Pins are Floating
- Input Pin Absolute Maximum Voltage Levels Not Restricted by VDD Pin Bias Supply Voltage
- Operating Temperature Range of –40°C to +140°C
- Micro SIZE PACKAGES: SOT23-5
- Switch-Mode Power Supplies
- DC-to-DC Converters
- Companion Gate-Driver Devices for Digital-Power Controllers
- Solar Power, Motor Control, UPS
- Gate Driver for Emerging Wide Band-Gap Power Devices (such as GaN)
The RS8801 single-channel, high-speed, low-side gate driver device is capable of effectively driving MOSFET and IGBT power switches. Using a design that inherently minimizes shoot-through current, the RS8801 is capable of sourcing and sinking high peak-current pulses into capacitive loads offering rail-to-rail drive capability and extremely small propagation delay typically 11ns.
The RS8801 device is capable of handling -4V at input. The RS8801 provides 5A source and sink peak-drive current capability at VDD = 12V.
The RS8801 is designed to operate over a wide VDD range of 4.5V to 18V and wide temperature range of –40°C to 140°C. Internal Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO) circuitry on VDD pin holds output low outside VDD
operating range. The capability to operate at low voltage levels such as below 5V, along with best-in-class switching characteristics, is especially suited for driving emerging wide band-gap power-switching devices as GaN power semiconductor devices.
The RS8801 series is available in Green SOT23-5 packages. It operates over an ambient temperature range of -40°C to +140°C.